Thursday, February 20, 2014

Sketches

Disclaimer: I'm really not a talented sketcher. 

Picture 1: this is a picture of the ideal interaction between the dichroic infinity-scape and a user. I want the cube to be positioned at eye-height, on a table against a wall. I'd rather it be against a wall than in the center of a space because only one of the walls is a two way mirror. 


Picture 2: This is a close-up of the dichroic box. The glass pieces will be suspended from thread, which will be glued to the glass at the edges, rather than passing all the way through hit. The box will be an 11.5 in cube. The main addition from the version that I presented last week will be LEDs in each of the walls to provide more direct light. They will also make the piece more user interactive, since it will be possible to turn on any number of them at a time to control the brightness and angle of the light hitting the glass. 


Picture 3: I might use my original cube to display the build-your-own kaleidoscope alongside the dichroic infinity-scape. I think it would be good to provide a more interactive piece like the one that I presented 2 weeks ago. My concern with that piece, however, was that the materials provided for the DIY part of the activity were insufficiently constrained--there were too many things. I've been experimenting this week with building smaller, mirrored, 3D objects so that users can build mini infinity landscapes. I haven't user tested it yet, but the results look promising. 




No comments:

Post a Comment