Monday, February 10, 2014

Marble Race

The idea behind this exhibit was an open exploration of different forms of energy, primarily kinetic, gravitational potential and frictional. I created this set of ramps out of Duron, pink foam and other assorted materials.

I like this prototype because I think it has a lot of potential for play, especially when further refined to allow for a variety of different hills, textures, etc. I hoped that the competitive aspect (Marble Race) would add to the engagement, especially for younger kids (this is really meant for younger kids anyway).





I think this will be one of the two prototypes I pursue this week because I think it's fun and different, and something that I can envision kids spending a lot of time playing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment