Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Photos and Tinkering

A few weeks ago when we had our foam/cardboard/wire automata workshop at the Tinkering lab, we had a chance to tinker with wire. Sebastian encouraged us to post photos of what we made, which I realized I hadn't done yet. This is a wire punching kangaroo I made and when you turn the handle, the arms move up and down, back and forth. It was based off of a punching kangaroo on the shelf of the Tinkering lab, but the wire design is something I made up, and distinct from the original. The arms are a bit long because I didn't have a wire-cutter at the time. I'll take a video later of the punching in action.



While I'm at it, I'm also going to post some photos I've taken so far to jog our memories of neat things we've seen at the Exploratorium + extra footage of students' projects since I've had a couple of people ask me for photos of their projects:

The camera obscura at the Exploratorium fascinated and delighted me.
Bryan's whimsical drawing of Godzilla on the Bay Bridge.

From last Friday:


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Emily. Glad we have such a good photographer in the course! I actually like that the arms are extra long, hope to see the video soon.

    ReplyDelete